Tuesday, August 28, 2007

edinburgh out-takes

So we're done. Two days ago I got up at 6:30am to put Joey in a cab to a bus to London. Then Craig, Atticus, and Kim got on a plane. Justin left for Prague. The next day Marissa and Joe got on the early bus to London and then Jen got on a plane. This morning Laura Lee got on the bus to London and now Husband and I are hopping a train to Glasgow and then another to the sandy freezing beaches of Ayrshire.

I have documented none of this. I actually am feeling a little sentimental and sad (a LITTLE) and didn't want to photograph the backs of my amazing cast as they carried their suitcases down the stairs, hopped into cabs and said good-bye. This was a killer group of people to work with. I couldn't have asked for a more fun talented caring and exciting cast and crew. And so it's sad to see it end. It's not just the end of a 4 week festival. It is the end of a year and a half of really dilligent work on a play that showed us at our best, as an ensemble and as individual artists.

Looking forward to the next show though...

I went through the i-photo and pulled some pictures of random wonderous moments throughout the fest. And after I post this, I will pack up my computer, walk out of Footlights for (god willing) the last time, and get on my train.

Here are some happy moments from this month.

Jen. Cleaning.



The boys from MOD.




EdFestTV





Lunch at the Princess St. Mall food court. Joey ate KFC...




...while I got obsessed with a McTart.





This is how the Best Ensemble warms up.



I got a new tattoo. Don't be fooled by Marissa's smiling face...she punked out.






Auto Auto. This is what the fringe is all about. Two German guys fucking destroying a car while they sing classical music. This show should have won every award going. It was a pretty special experience.




Kim flyered. And met a 19 year old.





Atticus got knocked down by that damn ghost.




Oh Dino. Marissa flyered Dino and he came to our show and he turned out to be the sweetest friendliest DJ from South Africa you've ever met. Yow.


Dino's show, The House of the Holy Afro. It was amazing.



This is our venue's "VIP" bar, Brooke's. Notice how it looks like a dentist's waiting room? Worst VIP bar in Edinburgh.



Kim's photo shoot.






Drinking and smoking and choking.





Simon. aka Moira.




Here is how we postered on the Royal Mile. ONCE.




The cue for our show. Magical.


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home